Saturday, May 7, 2011

Racism

I re-watch this movie called Schindler's List
It basically talk about how this businessman, Oskar Schindler saved 1100 of Jews from Nazi, WW II of course.
The reason why I watch this is movie is because of this book call the Freedom Writers- which is about how a White Lady rescue one class full of non-white students, is a true story anyway.

Firstly

I will not deny that even I complain, about how miserable or sucky is my life, My life generally is peaceful and secure compared to those who suffered in this two story.

Of course is not that our country has no problem of racism, in fact the issue of racism or I will rather say racial identity issue in my country, is getting more and more serious.

One of the things that happened lately which I feel so unbearable is
Najib said that " the Chinese community must choose to vote the MCA if they still wanted to represented in Putrajaya, or be left out."
when MCA president said that they will not join in the parliament if they could not get back the Chinese votes

The first thing pop out in my mind is
is he blackmailing us?
Ok I am being very negative on this

Second thought of mine
this is so racist!!!!!

what is it to do with racist
allow me to explain

Let just said
now a primary class is voting for class monitor
Candidate A get 2/3 of votes and Candidate B get 1/3 of votes
Candidate A win right
here comes the question
Can candidate choose only perform his or her duty as monitor to only 2/3 students who vote him or her?
does he or her has the duty to take care of the 1/3 voters
Of course, he or her get to choose what he or she want to do
but I think we all know what is the right thing to do

Secondly

ask yourself this questions
do you once or many times have the thought of
Chinese-very materialistic and greedy
Malay-Lazy
Indian-violence

I think many understands this concept than me
stereotype is the first step of racism

I know what people who has this kind thought will say
you can't blame me, this is the truth and everyone think this way?

is it?
think about it
how well do you know this race

Alright
I know what they will say
Of course I know them very well.....blah blah blah

Seriously
How many of your guy are willing to make an effort to know other races.
I mean, I haven't put any effort in it until I got into college

continue tomorrow
tired

without wax
chloe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home